In 1989 Natasha Trenev authored the probiotic labeling standards adopted by the National Nutrition Foods Association (NNFA). In 2006 the NNFA became what is known today at the Natural Products Association. These standards were read into Congressional Record in 1995.
These probiotic labeling standards were voted for and agreed upon industry-wide, including retailers, as a commitment to our customers that what we say on the label can actually be found in the bottle.
as the Natural Products Association this time and as far as we know, Natren is virtually the only company adhering to the probiotic labeling standards, to ensure our customers get what they pay for!
- Viable Cell Count – Ensures an accurate count of live,viable bacteria at the time of consumption
- Species Identification – Ensures the bacteria contained in the bottle are properly identified
- Storage Requirements – The conditions under which the bacteria should be stored to maintain potency
- Other Ingredients – A list of ingredients other than bacteria in the formulation
Natren is one of the only probiotic manufacturers that has
attained International cGMP certification through Australia’s
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) at the
pharmaceutical and medicinal food level.
THE COLD HARD TRUTH WITHOUT CONTINUOUS REFRIGERATION, PROBIOTICS DIE!
Only probiotic products refrigerated from manufacturing, shipped in thermally controlled boxes, refrigerated at the store level and handled with care by the consumer give a genuine potency guarantee. When some “probiotics” arrive at the store unrefrigerated/“shelf stable” packaged in plastic bottles, they may be DOA (dead on arrival), and putting them in the store’s or customer’s refrigerator won’t bring them back to life.
- Accurate potency of individual probiotic strains guaranteed through the printed expiration date.
- Continuous cold-chain of custody from manufacturing-through-delivery maintains true probiotic health benefits.
- Use of gel ice in cold months and both gel ice and dry ice in
- Express 2-day delivery free.
Strain Selection &
- Species and strain are clearly identified on the label.
- Single strains in powder or encapsulated powder come in their natural form with the intrinsic supernatant intact to act as a buffer in the gastric environment.
- In our Healthy Trinity probiotic, the protective oil matrix delivery system micro-enrobes the selected three strains in oil to keep the live bacteria separate, non-competitive and viable enabling them to survive a very harsh gastric environment.
- Natren only uses core beneficial bacteria from the most studied species with decades old safety and efficacy records:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium infantis
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus
- Streptococcus thermophiles
- Over 35 years of experience in probiotic research, testing and formulation
- 100% committed to probiotic development
- Probiotics are ALL we do
A TRUE POTENCY GUARANTEE
- 100% potency guarantee of each species and strain listed on the label
- Potency verified by an independent, international, government agency (TGA)
- Viable (alive) colony-forming units (CFU) of each strainguaranteed until the printed expiration date
- A true scientific measurement of live bacteria, not dead bacteria
- A colony-forming unit (CFU) is a unit used to estimate the number of viable bacteria cells in a given serving size
- CFU is the only accurate, scientific measurement for counting the number of beneficial bacteria present in a probiotic
- Each species and strain must have its own CFU count guaranteed through to the expiration date in order for the customer to get the true value of the probiotic product
- We use dark amber-glass bottles and tin lids to protect our live probiotics from exposure to harmful moisture and light
- We always cold-pack ship our probiotics with gel ice,and both gel ice and dry ice during hot summer months, in thermally controlled boxes to protect them from damaging heat
- We always ship 2ND day air to decrease exposure to heat and damage from excessive handling
- Natren researches and formulates our own scientifically sound formulas
- Our custom probiotic supplements are manufactured in a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical grade facility
- Made in the USA