How can you boost your immune system in the winter? While you want to have a strong immune system all year, winter is in some ways the most important season for getting extra support to your immune system. Everyone wants to keep themselves and their families healthy and we’ve got some tips for you about how to boost your immune system in winter. Here is our top 5 countdown for how to stay healthy - from experts who’ve been studying the immune system for decades:
5. Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water may sound like something you should do when you exercise, or in the hot weather, but it’s actually really important all year. If you let yourself get dehydrated - which is easy in the winter because we may not think about drinking water as often - your whole body suffers. Hydration is essential to keeping all your organs working well and for transporting nutrients around your body, where they’re needed. When it comes to staying healthy, you want your body’s energy focused on fighting off germs, not on making up for dehydration.
4. Keep moving. You know that exercise has health benefits like aiding with weight management and improving cardiovascular function. But did you know exercise can also help boost your immune system in winter? Scientists believe exercise may help with immunity because it improves circulation and overall health. When your body is functioning better, your immune system has more energy to put into fighting off germs. Exercising outside has even more benefits. That’s because a prime reason people get sick more often in winter is that they spend more time indoors, where it’s easier to pass viruses to others. Instead of meeting a friend at their house, go for a walk while you talk. You’ll both benefit from the extra movement as well as the fresh air.
3. Eat well. Eating well is so important for a strong boost to your immune system in winter. Sometimes it seems easier to eat healthy food in summer because there’s so much fresh, appealing produce readily available. In the winter it can be more tempting to load up on carbs or comfort foods. Remember though, you don’t need to sacrifice the enjoyment of food to get the immune boosting power. Since your gut is the most important part of your body when it comes to keeping you healthy, you’ll want to focus on foods that support digestive health. To boost your immune system this winter, up your intake of whole grains, fiber, vegetables, and fruit. Avoid processed foods as much as possible. The right foods will help to feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut, which is your best defense against germs.
2. Get enough sleep. Easier said than done, right? Yes… but it’s important to prioritize good quality sleep as much as you can this winter. There is real science behind this recommendation. Studies have shown that those who do not get enough sleep, or who get low quality sleep, are more likely to get sick when exposed to germs. It’s believed that lack of sleep causes a reduction in antibodies that are needed to fight off threats to your health.
1. Take a precision probiotic everyday. As far as steps to boost your immune system in winter, this is the most important AND the easiest. Let’s face it… getting enough sleep or always eating right can be really hard. But taking a precision probiotic every day is incredibly easy. Especially if you choose Natren’s Healthy Trinity, which gives you 3 leading probiotic supplements in a single capsule. Healthy Trinity, once a day, is your best path to immune health this winter.
To put it simply, probiotics deliver beneficial bacteria to your digestive tract, where it’s needed. Of course this can help with regularity and occasional indigestion, but there’s a lot more to probiotics than that. Most of your immune system is located in your digestive tract. So anything that supports healthy digestion, supports strong immunity too. When you have the right bacteria in your intestines, they act as an army of defenders, ready to attach any virus or germ that comes your way. If they can destroy the virus before it takes hold, you end up staying healthier.
One essential piece of the puzzle with your immune system is QUALITY. You cannot take junk probiotics and expect to benefit. Instead, you’ll be wasting your time and money (at best), or even jeopardizing you and your family’s health. You want to choose probiotic supplements that are 100% potency guaranteed, through the expiration date printed on the bottle. You also want ones made by a company with a stellar reputation for safety. These qualities are exactly what you get from Natren.
Adults: try Healthy Trinity which is the most convenient way to get 3 of Natren’s top selling probiotic supplements, in a single capsule. In the 30 seconds it takes to remember your Healthy Trinity dose, you can rest assured that you’re taking a substantial step towards better immune health.
Infants, pregnant women, breastfeeding moms: try Life Start which is formulated especially to boost the immune health of infants at their most vulnerable time.
Children: Healthy Start System is a great option for children who are ready for the good bacteria in Healthy Trinity, but can’t swallow capsules yet. Healthy Start System gives you the same 3 incredible supplements, but in powder form. This is also a great option for adults who are looking to customize their probiotic regimen.
All of Natren’s probiotics work well together, so we recommend looking through the options and choosing the ones that most align with your health goals. Natren is the probiotic company trusted by thousands of smart, health conscious consumers. Natren precision probiotics are the #1 best choice you can make for you and your family this winter. You can learn more about the products we offer at natren.com.