High quality yogurt starter, should be used with organic whole milk
Helps minimize lactose intolerance
Increases energy and provides multiple health benefits
• Uses a real Bulgarian Yogurt Starter with a specific recipe for smooth, yummy healthy yogurt every time.
• Is naturally mild and sweet with no preservatives, artificial colors or flavors added. Enjoy it plain or add your favorite fresh fruits, honey or nuts. Toasted almonds are a delicious addition.
• Provides the beneficial yogurt starter bacteria to ferment milk and make it a healthy functional food treat.
• A delicious source of pre-digestive protein and bioavailable minerals such as calcium.
• Make it fresh regularly because it is good for the whole family.
100% potency guaranteed through the printed expiration date when stored under the conditions stated on the label for healthy, maximum results.
Natren YOGURT STARTER dairy powder is a recipe passed down over generations. It has graced the table of royalty the world-over. The Bulgarian Yogurt Starter recipe is filled with creamy healthy goodness. Eat it plain, straight from the fridge, use it as a sour cream substitute on your tacos and potatoes, or dress it up with your favorite fruit and honey to satisfy that sweet tooth!
Available in Dairy Loose Powder
Each serving of Natren YOGURT STARTER 1 tsp (2 grams) contains:
Lactobacillus bulgaricus, LB-51 1 billion cfu
Streptococcus thermophilus, BC 122 1 billion cfu
Natren YOGURT STARTER is an easy and delicious way to add probiotics to your diet. This yogurt is a tasty, Bulgarian recipe full of protein, calcium, and super strain probiotics. The creamy thick deliciousness is a nutritional treat your whole family can enjoy!
Directions: Use a commercial yogurt maker or the following oven method. You will need a thermometer, a 2-quart saucepan part of a double boiler and a 2-quart deep oven proof container with a lid to allow the yogurt to set. For best results, use organic 2% or whole cow's milk. Alternative milks, such as goat and soy, may require more total solids.
1. Pour two (2) quarts (or up to two liters) of your favorite milk into a large double boiler saucepan. Heat milk slowly over a low flame to at least 180ºF (82ºC) – DO NOT BOIL. Maintain this temperature for at least 5 minutes for better quality thick creamy yogurt keep the milk at 180ºF - 195ºF (82ºC - 91ºC) for 20 - 40 minutes
2. Allow milk to cool to 108ºF - 112ºF (42ºC - 44ºC).
3. Place 1-2 level teaspoons of Yogurt Starter in a clean cup. Add 2 tablespoons of the lukewarm milk and make a smooth paste. Continue to add milk in small increments, blending thoroughly after each addition until all milk from the full cup is poured into the container of the lukewarm milk. Eliminate lumps to allow for a smooth set. Caution: do this quickly, do not allow milk to cool any further.
4. Place the container with lid in the oven near the pilot light. If no pilot light, wrap the container in a thick towel and place in the oven. Let stand for about 4-8 hours at approx.108ºF - 112ºF (42ºC - 44ºC). The set yogurt should be a creamy custard-like consistency. Refrigerate and enjoy.
For best results use Yogurt Starter for each new batch. Do not freeze or expose to moisture, heat or direct sunlight. KEEP STARTER REFRIGERATED AT ALL TIMES. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Natasha Trenev, President and Founder, Author, Researcher, Educator, Developmental Scientist is a 54-year veteran in the field of probiotics is here to answer your probiotic questions! Simply click on the plus symbol to see answers to the most commonly asked probiotic questions.
Click on + symbol to see Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on - symbol to hide Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
If you have any questions please contact:
Q. What if I have a milk allergy?
A. If you have a true milk allergy to the milk protein (casein) then Healthy Tummy is not a probiotic product you should be taking.
Q. If I have a lactose intolerance?
A. A lactose intolerance can be handled by chewing one Healthy Tummy wafer a day to build up your lactose tolerance. Then you can start testing your tolerance to dairy by taking one tablespoon of ice cream or whole milk and build up your intake until you can ingest a normal portion.